American Red Cross is hiring Blood Collection Staff – Entry Level
Help save lives every day with a phlebotomy & driving career at the American Red Cross. No experience needed!
The American Red Cross requires all new hires be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, except in states where it is prohibited by law. This means that all individuals working for the organization must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or seek an exemption. You can visit https://www.cdc.gov/ for more information regarding the COVID-19 vaccine. Upon being offered a position, individuals will be required to submit proof of vaccination. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons, you may qualify for an exemption. If seeking an exemption, you will be required to submit documentation at the time of offer and your request must be approved prior to hire.
Join the Red Cross Biomed Team-Where your career is a force for good!
At the American Red Cross, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission. When you join our Biomedical team, you can help save lives every day. You’ll be part of a like-minded team that shares a passion for making a difference and a work environment that supports growing, learning and succeeding.
About this Role
As a Blood Collections Staff member, you’ll use your compassion and customer service skill to collect lifesaving blood donations from our volunteer donors and ensure they have the best experience possible. Your driving experience will assist us with transporting equipment and setting up at the collection sites. The Red Cross offers paid phlebotomy training with the ability to grow your skills and career within the nation’s top humanitarian organization. To learn more about being a phlebotomist, watch this short video: rdcrss.org/lifesavingrole
Pay: Commensurate with experience and may vary by location. Some locations offer sign-on bonus
- 401 (K)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid time off and 10 Holidays (including 4 floating)
- Paid Family Leave
- Take the time to personally connect with donors – listen to their stories and help them understand the value of their donation
- Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again
- Be detailed oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood you collect meets goals, regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused
- To best meet the needs of our donors and community, Blood Collection Staff work a variable schedule including early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays
- The aforementioned responsibilities of the Blood Collection Staff describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Customer service experience and effective verbal communication skills are required
- Ability to work a variable schedule including early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays. Overnight travel may be required
- A current, valid driver’s license with good driving record is required. Experience driving larger vehicles preferred.
- DOT certification may be required in some locations. If required, must pass applicable DOT physical and related requirements and be able to possess or obtain a medical certification of at least one-year duration.
- Ability to load and unload vehicles with or without reasonable accommodations
- Physical requirements may include the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., occasionally physically assisting donors experiencing an adverse reaction, as well as pushing or pulling heavy weights up and down ramps and stairs (potentially up to 250 lbs. in weight and with up to 75-degree angles). Physical requirements may be performed in adverse weather conditions
- Basic computer skills are desirable
TO APPLY: visit our website and select your desired location at www.redcross.org/careers.