American Red Cross is hiring Blood Processing Technicians – Entry Level
Use your passion for blook banking to support our life-saving mission. No experience needed!
The American Red Cross requires all new hires be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, except in states where it is prohibited by law. This means that all individuals working for the organization must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or seek an exemption. You can visit https://www.cdc.gov/ for more information regarding the COVID-19 vaccine. Upon being offered a position, individuals will be required to submit proof of vaccination. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons, you may qualify for an exemption. If seeking an exemption, you will be required to submit documentation at the time of offer and your request must be approved prior to hire.
Join the Red Cross Biomed Team-Where your career is a force for good!
At the American Red Cross, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission. When you join our Biomedical team, you can help save lives every day. You’ll be part of a like-minded team that shares a passion for making a difference and a work environment that supports growing, learning and succeeding.
About this Role
As a Blood Processing Technician Staff member, you’ll perform manufacturing processes in a highly regulated environment-from receipt of unprocessed blood, through maintaining accurate records of finished goods I preparation to distribute to area hospitals. Successful Blood Processing Technicians will have a strong attention to detail, a customer-service focus, and the ability to treat both internal and external customers with compassion. The Red Cross offers paid training with the ability to grow your skills and career within the nation’s top humanitarian organization.
Pay: Commensurate with experience and may vary by location. Some locations offer sign-on bonus
- 401 (K)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid time off and 10 Holidays (including 4 floating)
- Paid Family Leave
- Manufacture, store and distribute blood products/samples
- Operate, maintain and perform quality control checks on equipment
- Perform data entry and operate the computer programs associated with component production, labeling, storage, and shipping.
- Maintain accurate, legible and complete manufacturing department records.
- Remain flexible to work a variable schedule that includes weekends & holidays to meet the needs of our hospitals.
- Take care of your team members – show up for every shift and give 100% while you’re there.
- Interact in a positive, proactive, and customer-focused manner with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and compassion at all times.
- The aforementioned responsibilities of the Blood Processing Technician describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of two years’ related experience in a regulatory, laboratory, or manufacturing environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- All technician jobs require good computer skills, attention to detail, accurate documentation and good decision-making skills.
- Ability to work on a team; good communication skills
- Physical requirements may include standing, stretching, stooping and bending for extended time periods. The ability to lift, pull, push and move objects of up to 50 pounds. You may work in walk-in refrigerator/freezers for periods of time.
- Staff performing irradiation tasks may be subject to enhanced security requirements.
TO APPLY: visit our website and select your desired location at www.redcross.org/careers.