Do you want to be a part of the fastest growing healthcare teams in Northern Indiana? At HealthLinc, we are committed to providing affordable healthcare to all of our patients. Our mission is to improve our communities by expanding access to exceptional healthcare!
- Low Health Insurance Premiums!
- Retirement Plan with a company match!
- Life Insurance
- Generous (Paid Time Off) PTO and Holiday Pay!
For more, see our website: https://healthlincchc.org/benefits/
As a Medical Assistant, you will prepare patients for examination, administer immunizations, perform simple medical procedures, and perform other administrative and clinical duties. This position works closely with the Medical Assistant staff and will report to the Medical Assistant Supervisor.
- Prepares patients for examination:
- Greets patients
- Obtains chief complaint from patient.
- Takes B/P, weight, height, temperature, etc.
- Assists with laboratory requisitions and assures lab pick-up.
- Administers immunizations and other injections under the direction of a medical provider.
- Updates and maintains patient charts.
- Answers telephone calls and callbacks as instructed by registered nurse or a medical provider.
- Performs simple medical procedures, such as earwax removal.
- Identifies unsafe patient environment and discusses situations with the medical provider or designee.
- Assists medical provider with wide variety of patient care procedures and tests; collects, labels, and processes specimens as required and in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Performs routine tests (i.e. BS, UA, Pregnancy test, Strep test, blood draws, administering and reading TB tests, etc.) as ordered and/or performs Standing Orders according to established policies and procedures.
- Cleans and sterilizes equipment/instruments according to established policies and procedures.
- Maintains room cleaning schedule and restocks examination rooms according to established policies and procedures.
- Conducts inventory of supplies and equipment for medical office/clinical area as needed or requested.
- Maintains temperature controls on refrigerator for vaccine storage as required.
- Calls patients regarding test results.
- Identifies and draws up medication for immediate verification and use by medical provider
- Works on a rotating basis as a “Seated MA” answering phones, taking off/separating faxes, checks labs for scanning; directing scanner regarding what labs go to which provider;
- Maintains logs (i.e. medical logs, inventory update, etc.) and records for clinical area.
- May be required to request medical records from other health care providers.
- Occasionally supervises and acts as a trainer/preceptor for students and/or temporary staff.
- Assists the Medical Assistant Supervisor as needed.
- Relieves and substitutes for other medical assistants in all clinical areas as needed.
- All HealthLinc staff is committed to engage in quality improvement initiatives that align with and support Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of a program for Medical Assistants or relevant MA experience with the Assessment- Based Recognition in Order Entry (ABR-OE)
- Graduate of an accredited 2-year Medical Assistant associates degree program (not required but highly preferred)
- Ability to pass MA Certification/Registration exam within the first six months of employment
- Current CPR certification
- At least 1 year of work experience as Medical Assistant (not required but highly preferred)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal with stressful situations including difficult personalities
- Ability to follow HealthLinc policies and procedures
- Operate a multi-line phone system and other office equipment including printers, fax machines, etc.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, EHR, online sources, etc.)