- Riverside Support Services – Denbigh – Newport News, Virginia
- time type
- Full time
- posted on
- Posted 25 Days Ago
- job requisition id
For over 100 years, we have made it our mission to care for others as we would care for those we love.
Reports to Manager Help Desk and PC Tech within Information Systems. Performs general Help Desk duties by providing courteous technical expertise on the telephone or in person for reported hardware or software problems. Responsible for monitoring the IBM, DEC/VAX computer system and the Batch Job processes in accordance with the departmental procedure and vendor technical manuals.
What you will do
- Assesses and analyzes customer hardware and software problems over the phone and communicates, prioritizes and offers solutions to maintain operations and system integrity.
- Provides sufficient documentation so others can work with software and hardware installation. Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis of and solution to the problems within scope.
- Serves as a liaison between end users and Information Systems analysts.
- Develops and/or manages custom databases and special reports.
- Performs password resets and device encryption.
- Monitors systems in accordance with vendor manuals and department procedures. Identifies areas of concern and provides recommendations for resolution.
- Reviews and responds to system and program messages.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- 1-3 years Recent relevant experience (Preferred)
Licenses and Certifications
- CompTIA Certification – The Computing Technology Industry Association (Preferred)
- MCITP/CCENT/ CCNA/ IOS Desktop Qualification/ MSCE (Preferred)
As a Riverside team member, our benefits have you covered:
Health & Wellness:
- Medical Plan Options
- Vision and Dental plans (including orthodontic care)
- Wellness & fitness center discounts
- Onsite pharmacy and delivery options
- Riverside services discount
- flexible spending and savings accounts
- healthy lifestyle incentives
Peace of Mind:
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Whole Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- CEUs (MedBridge Education)
- 403(b) Savings Plan (Immediate Matching)
- Specialty Certification Financial Assistance
- Company Wide Bonus Program
- Employee Help Fund
- Paid Time Off (full- and part-time team members)
- extended illness bank
- care.com membership
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance
- area retail discounts
- community involvement opportunities