- Newport News Urology – Newport News, Virginia
- time type
- Full time
- posted on
- Posted 4 Days Ago
- job requisition id
For over 100 years, we have made it our mission to care for others as we would care for those we love.
Works under the supervision of the SPD Coordinator or surgical services Manager or Director. Is responsible for all aspects of instrument preparation, sterilization procedures, and providing optimum care to all patients.
What you will do
- Demonstrates ability to discuss and apply decontaminations and sterilization process that meets AORN, AMMI, ISSHAM, and CDC standards. (i.e. , room turnover and cleaning, trash/remove line and instrument cleaning.).
- Demonstrates the ability to provide a safe, efficient and supportive environment for the patient. Uses appropriate protective equipment, body mechanics, and follows safety guidelines and procedures; identifies and acts to resolve any variance or suspected noncompliance to management.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain and support production and assembly of instruments and trays, to include ability to align priorities with needs of patient and the Operating Room.
- Demonstrates intermediate to advanced technical knowledge/clinical competencies in sterile processing as evidenced by the ability to assume a role in customer service as needed.
- Demonstrates ability to complete all sterile documentation and paperwork associated with sterilization logs.
- , High school or equivalent (Required)
- , sterile processing or related program (Preferred)
- 1-3 years Experience in a medical setting (Preferred)
Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Board Sterile Processing Distribution – The Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution, Inc. (Preferred)
- Endoscopy/GI Scope Technician (Preferred)
- Nursing Assistant/Medical Assistant (Preferred)
As a Riverside team member, our benefits have you covered:
Health & Wellness:
- Medical Plan Options
- Vision and Dental plans (including orthodontic care)
- Wellness & fitness center discounts
- Onsite pharmacy and delivery options
- Riverside services discount
- flexible spending and savings accounts
- healthy lifestyle incentives
Peace of Mind:
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Whole Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- CEUs (MedBridge Education)
- 403(b) Savings Plan (Immediate Matching)
- Specialty Certification Financial Assistance
- Company Wide Bonus Program
- Employee Help Fund
- Paid Time Off (full- and part-time team members)
- extended illness bank
- care.com membership
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance
- area retail discounts
- community involvement opportunities