TITLE: Medical Receptionist (Full-Time positions eligible for $1,000 Sign-On Bonus)
REPORTS TO: Practice Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: No
LAST UPDATED: 1/1/20
1. Greets patients or others arriving for appointments in a prompt, courteous manner and provides directions as appropriate.
2. Obtains, verifies, and updates patient information in EMR
3. Coordinates patient and visitor flow.
4. Receives payments to post to patient accounts. Balances checks, cash and credit cards daily and prepares daily bank deposit.
5. Schedules return appointments.
6. Enters recall letters for return appointments
7. Answers phone calls, taking accurate and appropriate messages
8. Calls patients to reschedule for physician emergencies
9. Prepares schedule for next day appointments
10. Ensures practice is open daily and closed at the end of office hours.
11. Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the company
12. Maintains detailed knowledge of EMR and other computer software as it relates to job functions
13. Attends training programs as required
14. Attends department and all staff meetings
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma, or GED required; minimum 1-2 years medical practice experience preferred; excellent computer skills; must be able to multitask, knowledge of medical terminology preferred. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, be highly motivated and have a neat, professional appearance and behavior.
Ability to bend, stoop, sit, stand, reach and lift items weighing 25 pounds or less.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified and should not be considered a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.