Springfield Medical Care Systems is a not-for-profit, community-based health care system that serves southeastern Vermont and southwestern New Hampshire. The unique model of our health system integrates 12 federally qualified health centers, including two dental clinics, a vision center, four school-based health centers and a site within our local recreation center. Our organization works collaboratively with Springfield Hospital to meet the health needs of our communities.
Our health centers are Medical Home sites that hold the highest quality certification attainable (Level 3) from the National Committee for Quality Assurance. Patient-centered care is evidence-based, provides high-quality outcomes, and is accessible and affordable to all based on a sliding fee scale.
Located near prime ski resorts, and offering a myriad of outdoor activities, Charlestown, NH is a picturesque Northeastern, small town with deep historic roots and a vibrant local arts scene. Boston is located two hours away providing easy access to world-class entertainment, culture and dining.
The Medical Assistant:
- Prepares treatment rooms for patient examinations;
- Prepares charts to ensure all related reports, labs and information is filled out and available in patients’ medical records prior to their appointment.
- Escorts patients to exam rooms, measure vital signs, including weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and document all information in patient’s chart.
- Interviews patients to obtain their medical history.
- Draws blood, removes sutures, changes dressings.
- Disinfects, cleans treatment rooms following patient examinations;
- Keeps exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments, prepare sterilization as required; Properly disposes of contaminated supplies.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Maintains all logs and required checks (i.e. refrigerator temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen, cold sterilization fluid change, etc.)
- Takes telephone messages and provides feedback and answers to patient/physician/pharmacy calls
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time
MA Certification preferred (but not required)