Service Desk Tech 3 (Unified Communications Specialist)
Our client is looking for a Service Desk Technician III (Unified Communication Specialist) to join our technology team! In this role, you will provide technical support for customers with a primary focus on collaboration technologies. Responsible for the day-to-day operation of customer call centers and UC tools, you will work directly with customers to review incidents requests and perform initial troubleshooting of unresolved issues. You will process service requests related to call center environments, as well as attend to other UC needs.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about collaboration services, network technologies, detail oriented, and have a strong technical background and desire to learn. The role will also require the candidate to be on call to respond to customer emergencies and work as part of an incident response team. This position reports to the Service Desk Manager.
- Provide problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of problems
- Provide L3 support to resolve complex production issues
- Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of UC systems
- Document configuration management processes and procedures
- Ensure front-line customer satisfaction by dealing professionally and effectively with all internal and external customers/clients
- Demonstrate technical experience working with VoIP network using Cisco Voice solutions including CUCM, Unity Connection Voice Mail, CUCIMOC, SCCP, and SIP
- Perform administrative tasks supporting functional operation of deployed UC platforms
- Support scheduled maintenance activities in coordination with team members
- Update ticket, task, and service request details to support triage, escalation, and resolution
- Capture, document, and transfer knowledge of customer environments to junior personnel
- Train and certify on supported technologies.
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience with Unified Communications (UC) systems
- Hands-on experience with Cisco products including, but not limited to: install, program, test and troubleshoot UC systems
- Understanding of network topologies, protocols, and troubleshooting methods
- Must have experience working on Video Conferencing Tools: MS Exchange/ MS Teams/ Cisco Agent Desktop/ Cisco Webex/ Cisco Contact Center (UCCX)
- Demonstrated ability to support users and troubleshoot problems remotely
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate with other team members
- Demonstrated ability to manage workload and make productive use of time
- Experience managing incidents and problems in one or more enterprise class ITSM platforms (ServiceNow, BMC Remedy, SolarWinds, ManageEngine, Kaseya)
- Excellent communication, documentation, and customer-facing skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- A desire to continue learning about emerging technologies
- Network + is a plus
- Cisco Certified Technician (CCT) is a plus
Job Type & Expectations
- This is a full-time position, (40) hours/week
- Hours: Monday through Friday from 7:30/9:00am EST- 4:00/5:30pm EST
- This position is remote work from home
- Work is performed in a 24×7 operations environment with on-call participation.
- May require infrequent travel to Customer sites