Chesapeake Urology is the largest urology practice in the Mid-Atlantic region and repeat “Best Places to Work” winner. As one of the most respected and progressive urology practices in the nation, we have over 100 providers throughout our 23 medical offices and 20 outpatient surgical centers. Our integrated approach to urologic care provides patients with access to experienced specialists, a comprehensive support team of healthcare professionals, innovative diagnostic tools, and highly advanced treatments and therapies.
Chesapeake Urology is a member of United Urology Group, a management services organization whose member groups of urology practices today also include Arizona Urology, Colorado Urology and Tennessee Urology. We offer very competitive salary and benefits package with a great working environment. To view a full list of our benefits, please visit https://www.chesapeakeurology.com/careers/benefits/.
We are seeking a professional full-time Medical Assistant for our office located in Brandywine, MD. The Medical Assistant is responsible for providing clinical support to the physicians in the office. This position will work Monday- Friday and the hours will vary from 8:00am – 5:00pm.
Medical Assistant – MA Responsibilities:
- Prepares exam rooms in the clinical area for patient care daily, including stocking of all necessary supplies.
- Escorts patients to exam rooms, taking the required vital signs and obtaining urine specimens; performing dip and automated urinalysis and microscopic preparation and review when indicated.
- Assists physician with the preparation/administration of Lupron, BCG, Eligard, Vantas, Viadur, and Mitomycin; assist/perform with office based procedures (phlebotomy, bladder scan, urethral dilations, catheterization) as requested.
- Triage patient calls for pharmacy requests, test results, medical questions and concerns as directed by the physician; documenting outcomes in EHR.
- Assists in maintenance of all logs and records for OSHA/MOSHA.
- Adheres to and follows sterilization and disinfection practices throughout the facility.
- Adheres to bio-hazardous or “red bag” waste policy and procedure for proper disposal of biomedical waste.
- As part of your positions requirements, you are expected to travel to other sites within a reasonable geographic region
- Perform other office duties as assigned by manager.