Interact with clients’, medical professionals and additional team both within the clinic and at outside facilities
offering precise, prompt and responsive information to facilitate the best patient care daily.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedules patients’ appointments either via phone or upon checkout according to scheduling guidelines. This includes but is not limited to requesting and verifying proper address, phone number, primary care physician, pharmacy, date of birth, insurance information and other demographics as required.
- Greets patients on arrival and checks them in for their appointment. Patient check in requires but is not limited to verifying patient personal information, insurance information and other demographics as required. Scans in insurance cards and photo ID. Enters proper insurance information into practice management system for new patients. Obtains proper consents and necessary referrals and properly attaches appropriate referral to patient charts. Sends patients to washroom to provide urinalysis.
- At conclusion of physician visit, checks patients out. Patient check out requires but is not limited to, providing patient with written clinical summary, scheduling next appointment, providing patient with patient portal information so they can log on to the Uropartners’ patient portal.
- Answer phones and directs calls and message appointments to appropriate staff.
- Providing patients with appropriate room for the evaluation and discussion of medical records, or results done by the appropriate medical staff.
- Perform bookkeeping duties, such as credits and collections, preparing and sending financial statements and bills, keeping financial records and any other needed data entry.
- Effectively and promptly balance cash receipts and credit card receipts at the end of clinic
- Collect co-pays as well as patient balances
- Verify insurance coverage and determine patient’s balances to be collected
- Prepare invoices and collect monies for medical records
This position has no supervisory requirements
- Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Preferred: One year certificate from college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Three to six months related experience and/or training
Licenses and Certifications
This position has no license or certification requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have the following general knowledge:
- Professional attitudes sufficient to demonstrate honest, ethical and compassionate behavior, take
responsibility for own actions and be forthright about errors or uncertainty, display flexibility, function
effectively under stress, adapt to changing environments, and function as an active cooperative member of
the health care team
- Achieving efficient, timely, quality results by directing efforts on expected outcomes while providing exemplary client service within expected timeframes
- Willingly adapting to constantly changing circumstances while maintaining a corporate perspective. Engaging in continuous learning, adjusting the application of knowledge, skills and abilities while addressing new challenges as contextual realities change.
- Using a logical reasoning process to break down and work through situation or problem to arrive at an outcome
- Anticipating and responding to needs and demands of clients both internally and externally
- Using language as a flexible tool to share and collect information, exchanging ideas and openly exploring a variety of perspectives adjusting style and content to each unique individual, audience and circumstance
- Knowledgeable in current computer applications including new computer software and computer systems, and be practiced in needed computer skills
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Teamwork/Cooperation: Readily shares information, knowledge and personal strengths. Seeks to understand and build on differing perspectives of others to enhance team efficiency and quality outcomes.
- Working with Others: Works well and cooperates with other staff members. Is courteous, tactful, and has a team spirit. Communicates in a clear, concise, effective, and timely manner, both orally and in writing.
Displays well developed listening skills.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Ability to adapt to constantly changing circumstances while maintaining a professional perspective. Engages in continuous learning, adjusts the application of knowledge, skills and abilities while addressing new challenges as contextual realities change.
- Client Service: Incorporates and demonstrates customer service strategies in dealing with people in order to achieve the organization’s goal of providing quality comprehensive urological care.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to adequately perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Reasoning Skills and Ability
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one-or-two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases.
Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform
these operations using units of American money and weigh measurement, volume, and distance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand, walk and use their hands to
complete various tasks. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, climb or balance if needed.
The employee quiet frequently will require the use of finger dexterity for tasks such as typing. Must be capable to
talk and hear and to carry conversations with others. The employee may possess the ability to smell or taste, if needed.
Occasionally the employee will need to lift or force exerted anywhere from ten to fifty pounds.
This position has no special vision requirements.
This position has no harmful environmental conditions or any exposure to harmful products. The noise level in the
work environment is usually moderate as found in an office environment. The contributors of the noise level are
mainly copiers, computer equipment and phones which are presented in the office throughout the job duties.